What is the Perfume Project?

This blog is a constantly evolving forum for thoughts on perfume, perfume-making, plants (especially orchids and flora of the Pacific Northwest) and life in general. It started out chronicling the adventures of Olympic Orchids Perfumes, established in July 2010, and has expanded in other directions. A big part of the blog is thinking about the ongoing process of learning and experimentation that leads to new perfumes, the exploration of perfumery materials, the theory and practice of perfume making, the challenges of marketing perfumes and other fragrance products, and random observations on philosophy and society. Spam comments will be marked as such and deleted; any comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil discourse will also be deleted. I am grateful to all of you, the readers, who contribute to the blog by commenting and making this a truly interactive perfume project.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!


Best wishes for a happy Valentine’s Day to all who read this. Some of my students got into the spirit of things and brought cookies and candy for everyone. I’m stuffed with enough sweets to last for … well, at least for the rest of today, and I still have one more event to go to where there will almost certainly be more sweet stuff.

I think I’ll have to sniff some galbanum when I get home this evening as an antidote.

[Candy photo adapted from Wikimedia]

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
    Good idea. I need some galbanum or oakmoss to recover from so many sweets.

    Celina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and Happy Valentine's Day!

    We just returned from a wonderful dinner and too much dessert! Right now I can't even imagine tasting the boxes of beautiful chocolate we received from students and friends.

    I can imagine that sniffing galbanum would be refreshing after all the sweet stuff. I remember galbanum growing in northern Iran and western Afghanistan. I didn't know then that a fragrance derived from the plant was used in perfume or that it could be an antidote to overindulgence in Valentine's Day treats.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete