What is the Perfume Project?

This blog is a constantly evolving forum for thoughts on perfume, perfume-making, plants (especially orchids and flora of the Pacific Northwest) and life in general. It started out chronicling the adventures of Olympic Orchids Perfumes, established in July 2010, and has expanded in other directions. A big part of the blog is thinking about the ongoing process of learning and experimentation that leads to new perfumes, the exploration of perfumery materials, the theory and practice of perfume making, the challenges of marketing perfumes and other fragrance products, and random observations on philosophy and society. Spam comments will be marked as such and deleted; any comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil discourse will also be deleted. I am grateful to all of you, the readers, who contribute to the blog by commenting and making this a truly interactive perfume project.

Monday, May 6, 2013

A PERFUME SHOW ON HOME TURF AND WINNERS OF THE DRAWING


Today I’m recovering from the Seattle Artisan Fragrance Salon, unpacking bags and boxes, downloading photos from my camera, taking care of university stuff that fell through the cracks last week, and updating my website with the three new fragrances that I launched at the show. While I was posting this, a review of two of the new fragrances came out on Cafleurebon, along with a drawing for a full bottle of your choice! 

Today was also the day of the drawing for samples of the three new fragrances along with a small box of chocolates to go with Seattle Chocolate. 

I decided to draw two winners: Nadja and Miss Conduct.

If you are a winner, please e-mail me and send me your correct full name and mailing address. You can find my e-mail here under the profile section. I worry a little about the chocolate truffles melting during shipping, so if you think this might be a problem, let me know and I’ll just send the samples.


Not having to travel to get to the show had its pros and cons. The good thing was that we could load everything into the car and bring more items than if we had to travel. Best of all was the ability to bring some live orchid plants to decorate the table, and the ability to procrastinate on packing until the night before. The down side was that, not having to factor in shipping time, I did wait until the very last minute to prepare everything.

We had a perfect day to be on the pier overlooking Puget Sound. The sun was shining full force, and the outside temperature was actually warm enough to be comfortable in short sleeves, sandals, and no winter coat! I had two new banners that really made the display look nice. Attendance wasn’t as good as it could have been, but those who did attend all seemed genuinely interested. There didn’t seem to be as many walk-ins from the chocolate salon as there had been in San Francisco, possibly because the two events were in separate rooms.

I launched three new fragrances, California Chocolate, Tropic of Capricorn, and Seattle Chocolate. All of them were well-received at the salon, and are now listed for sale on my website. I’ve written about California Chocolate and Tropic of Capricorn before, and will write about the making of Seattle Chocolate within the next day or two.

For now, I’m happy to be home with no travel coming up any time soon.

7 comments:

  1. What a great show! The day was perfect. Your booth was beautiful. Congrats to the winners of the draw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a perfect day! I really enjoyed all aspects of the show. Putting together a booth gets easier and more fun each time I do it.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! That's awesome!Thank you so much! You already have my adress, but I'll resend it for convenience! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadja, I hope the package will reach you safely. Chocolate should be OK going to your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The show sounds wonderful, and I'm glad you're going to have a more peaceful May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's great not to have a show or a trip coming up for over a month!

      Delete