What is the Perfume Project?

This blog is a constantly evolving forum for thoughts on perfume, perfume-making, plants (especially orchids and flora of the Pacific Northwest) and life in general. It started out chronicling the adventures of Olympic Orchids Perfumes, established in July 2010, and has expanded in other directions. A big part of the blog is thinking about the ongoing process of learning and experimentation that leads to new perfumes, the exploration of perfumery materials, the theory and practice of perfume making, the challenges of marketing perfumes and other fragrance products, and random observations on philosophy and society. Spam comments will be marked as such and deleted; any comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil discourse will also be deleted. I am grateful to all of you, the readers, who contribute to the blog by commenting and making this a truly interactive perfume project.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

CLEANING FRENZY DRAWING


I am currently in the midst of one of my periodic cleaning frenzies and purges, anxious to get rid of a basket full of perfume-y things that I don’t want or need, so am going to hold a joint drawing here and on Fragrantica for two batches of mostly very commercial perfumes. Each batch will include one of two full bottles (Curve Crush or Liz Claiborne Spark) and three of six minis (Guerlain My Insolence, Elizabeth Arden Red Door, Baby Phat Goddess, Calvin Klein Euphoria, Coty American Original, and a Bvlgari with no other name on the bottle. Each batch will also include a few carded manufacturers’ samples, some single-note fragrance samples, the origin of which I’ve forgotten, and several of my own perfumes in the original little 5 ml green industrial-type bottles that I used when I first started selling them at orchid shows.

If you live in the US and would like to be entered in the drawing, just leave a comment to that effect. You can also indicate your preferences as to which FB and/or minis you’ll get. If the two winners both want the same things, I’ll flip a coin to decide how to split the booty. The winners will be announced a week from today, Sunday, November 20.

7 comments:

  1. I would love to be entered, and am open to any of the bottles/samples. Good luck to everyone entering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be entered as well!
    My preferences:
    -FB Liz Claiborne Spark
    -Minis: Gurelain My Insolence, Elizabeth Arden Red Door, Calvin Klein Euphoria

    Thank you so much for running this fun giveaway! Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything except Red Door since I already have it.
    Thank you for the giveaway. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith, glitterandsmut, and vl, you're all entered in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be entered into your cleaning frenzy drawing! I do not have a preference on which perfumes if I am selected. I love to sample everything! You are very generous for holding the giveaway...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melbrit24, you're in the drawing. Results will be posted tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be entered. I am open to any of your lovely bottles! :)

    ReplyDelete