What is the Perfume Project?

This blog is a constantly evolving forum for thoughts on perfume, perfume-making, plants (especially orchids and flora of the Pacific Northwest) and life in general. It started out chronicling the adventures of Olympic Orchids Perfumes, established in July 2010, and has expanded in other directions. A big part of the blog is thinking about the ongoing process of learning and experimentation that leads to new perfumes, the exploration of perfumery materials, the theory and practice of perfume making, the challenges of marketing perfumes and other fragrance products, and random observations on philosophy and society. Spam comments will be marked as such and deleted; any comments that go beyond the boundaries of civil discourse will also be deleted. I am grateful to all of you, the readers, who contribute to the blog by commenting and making this a truly interactive perfume project.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CLEANING FRENZY REDUX


Only one batch of cleaning frenzy goodies was ever claimed, so I'm going to hold a new drawing on Sunday (December 4) for the rest of the items - just in time for Christmas. Everyone who entered before (except the two previous winners) will be included in the new drawing, but if you want to add your name to the list you're welcome to do so.

I just saw that there is a huge list of unclaimed perfume on Cafleurebon, including some 5-ml mini bottles that I offered. Some of it is really nice stuff - even big full bottles. The number of people who fail to check and see whether they won anything kind of boggles my mind. Do people buy lottery tickets and never check to see if they won anything? Do people enter drawings for full bottles of expensive perfume and never check to see if they won it? I really don't get it.

In any case, the three people who wanted samples of norlimbanol and paradisamide will be getting them soon. I plan to ship them off later this week. All of you are on my "testers list", so I have your addresses.

Stay tuned for more giveaways as I go through my cupboards and drawers. And please check all of the drawings that you enter!

[Photo of US military draft lottery, 1969, from Wikimedia]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen,

    I'm looking forward to the samples of Norlimbanol and Paradisamide. Thank you for sending them! I don't remember entering any drawings for perfume, but if did how do I find the lists of winners? On Cafleurebon's website or facebook page?

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, Cafleurebon is very active, with drawings just about every day so you have to check their website to find out who the winners are. I think there's also some way you can sign up to get notifications, but it's not specific to the drawing you entered. They also have mass drawings for unclaimed perfume.

    ReplyDelete